Friday, April 8, 2011

Reconnecting

I had the privilege to attend the Dreamin’ In Dallas Conference for the Dallas Area Romance Authors this weekend and had a wonderful time. A few years have passed since I have attended a conference and I had forgotten how energizing it is to get together with a large group of writers.


Network!

I am still buzzing with excitement and motivation to write and sell a story this year. Where else can you be in a place surrounded with people who think the same way you do, have the same goals and aspirations as you do, especially in the writing realm? I laughed a lot which is always excellent medicine.

A good way to give your writing a swift kick in the rear is to attend a writer’s conference, or any other kind of conference no matter what it is you like to do, take lots of notes and network. It’s like a shot of adrenalin. Just pick a conference and make the commitment to go and learn all you can. The added bonus is the opportunity to meet other writers, published authors, agents and editors, or other professionals in the same field that you are interested whether it’s painting, quilting, or making jewelry. I bet there are ways to network in just about any field imaginable.

Then go home, get busy, write that New York Times best selling novel and submit, submit, submit!

Have a great time reconnecting!
Wendy
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm late catching up, life has been just too busy lately, but I love this Wendy! It was good to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete