Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Joplin, MO

I would like all our readers to keep my hometown Joplin, Mo in their prayers. As many of you know, last Sunday Joplin was hit by an F5 tornado and 133 people were killed. Thousands of people have been displaced and have no where to live.

I’m very happy that all those in my family are alive, although several cousins lost every thing they owned. There have been many tales of people helping the survivors with every day needs and keeping them fed.

Mostly they need prayers.

We can all say every possession can be replaced, but that’s hard to convince a seventy year old man whose wife died of cancer two years ago. All he wants is a picture of the woman who held his hand for fifty year, now that’s gone forever.

There are a lot of heartaches and many trials ahead for the residents of Joplin, and I hope you will keep them in your hearts and prayers.

Thank you.
 
Write On!

Geri Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment